Pamela J. Huggins, M.S.W., LCSW
Associate Clinical Professor; Social Work
College for Public Health and Social Justice
I am inspired every day by our social work students who stand up for social justice and plan a career of service to people in need.- Pamela Huggins, M.S.W.
Social Work Practices with Communities and Organizations; Generalist Integrative Seminar; Community and Organization Integrative Seminar; Interprofessional Practicum Experience
- M.S.W., University of Missouri-Columbia
- B.S.W., University of Missouri-Columbia
Divorce mediation; nonprofit administration; policy practice; supervision.
Field education outcomes; gender gap in elected governmental office; international social work and practice; social work and political advocacy; supervision, continuing education.
Publications and Media Placements
- Williamson, S., Hostetter, C., Byers, K. & Huggins, P. (2010). I found myself at this
practicum: Student reflections on field education. Advances in Social Work, 11, (2), 235-247.
- Hostetter, C., Byers, Katharine, Williamson, S. and Huggins, P. (2007). The Transformative Power of a Learning Community. Advances in Social Work, 8, (2), 236-252.
Berg-Weger, M. and Huggins, P. (1996) Practicum at Place of Employment: To do or not to do? The New Social Worker, Spring, 1996.
Honors and Awards
- Inspiring Professor Award, Kappa Alpha Theta - 2015
- Distinguished Chapter Service Award, NASW- Indiana Chapter - 2004
- Certificate of Appreciation, NASW-Indiana Chapter - 2003
- Faculty Award, Commission on Multicultural Understanding, Indiana University - 2002
- Certificate of Appreciation, NASW-Missouri Chapter - 1984 and 1996
Professional Organizations and Associations
- National Association of Social Workers
- Council for Social Work Education
- Association of Social Work Boards
- Influencing Social Policy
- Empower Missouri
Community Work and Service
- Operation Food Search, volunteer
- Divorce mediation
- Geriatric care management