Pamela J. Huggins, M.S.W., LCSW
Associate Clinical Professor
Social Work Practices with Communities and Organizations; Generalist Integrative Seminar; Community and Organization Integrative Seminar; Interprofessional Practicum Experience
M.S.W., University of Missouri-Columbia
B.S.W., University of Missouri-Columbia
Divorce mediation, nonprofit administration, policy practice, supervision.
Field education outcomes; gender gap in elected governmental office; international social work and practice; social work and political advocacy; supervision, continuing education.
Publications and Media Placements
- Williamson, S., Hostetter, C., Byers, K. & Huggins, P. (2010). I found myself at this
practicum: Student reflections on field education. Advances in Social Work, 11, (2), 235-247.
- Hostetter, C., Byers, Katharine, Williamson, S. and Huggins, P. (2007). The Transformative Power of a Learning Community. Advances in Social Work, 8, (2), 236-252.
Berg-Weger, M. and Huggins, P. (1996) Practicum at Place of Employment: To do or not to do? The New Social Worker, Spring, 1996.
Honors and Awards
- 2015, Inspiring Professor Award, Kappa Alpha Theta
- 2004, Distinguished Chapter Service Award, NASW- Indiana Chapter
- 2003, Certificate of Appreciation, NASW-Indiana Chapter
- 2002, Faculty Award, Commission on Multicultural Understanding, Indiana University
- 1996 and 1984, Certificate of Appreciation, NASW-Missouri Chapter
Professional Organizations and Associations
- National Association of Social Workers, NASW
- Council for Social Work Education, CSWE
- Association of Social Work Boards, ASWB
- Influencing Social Policy
- Empower Missouri
- Volunteer, Operation Food Search
- St. Louis Field Education Collaborative
- Provides licensure supervision
- Divorce mediation
- Geriatric care management
- Numerous previous community board member positions and partnerships