Alyssa Wilson, Ph.D., BCBA-D
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Applied Behavior Analysis program
Applications of Behavior Analysis in Addiction, Behavioral Health and Gerontology; Behavior Change and Processes; Principles and Concepts in Behavior Analysis; Thesis
- Ph.D., Southern Illinois University, 2012
- M.S., Southern Illinois University, 2010
- B.A., University of Nevada Reno, 2007
Self-control and decision making; translational approaches to interdisciplinary clinical
behavior analysis; and biopsychosocial aspects of substance use disorders (including
gambling disorders) and emotional behavioral disorders.
Wilson created the Saint Louis University Gambling Addictions research laboratory, where she supervises graduate students on translational and clinical research projects related to gambling.
Publications and Media Placements
She is an editorial board member of Behavior Analysis in Practice, Behavior Analysis: Research in Practice, and Addiction, Recovery, and Aftercare.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
- Behavior Medicine Special Interest Group chair, Missouri Association for Behavior Analysis
- Illinois Association of Behavior Analysis
- National Council of Problem Gambling
- National Council of Responsible Gambling
- Mid-American Association Behavior Analysis
- Organizational Behavioral Management Network
Community Work and Service
Wilson works with local agencies to provide clinical behavior analysis in schools.